There’s no reason to remain a starving artist, after all, the online community is rife with people willing and able to spend money. The problem, of course, is gaining access to their pocketbooks. That means you will need some assistance beginning your creative blog endeavor. Blogging brings your customers to you. And, it gives you the opportunity to sell your wares to people who care about supporting true talent. It’s time to take the creative blogging plunge.
First, you will need to choose the platform for your site. There are several great ones out there, but we prefer WordPress. Although you will hopefully be selling your own products on your site, it is in your best interest to learn how to display ads on a WordPress site. Monetizing your blog will increase your income. And, utilizing Advertise World will enable you to circumvent the ad blockers that 40% of your online readership employs. Now that you have all the monetizing info you need, let’s move on.
5 Steps to Starting that Kick Butt Site
The truth is, not everyone is capable of writing really good content. And, not everyone is technologically savvy. You might have to employ creative writers or at least get a good editor. But, if you think you are ready to take on that giant, here are 5 steps to starting that kick butt site:
- Find Inspiration– Creativity’s catalyst is definitely inspiration. You need something to strive toward; some goal you wish to attain. Consider people who are doing things similar to your own creative outlets and watch how they run their business and blog.
- Plan– As much as we artists like to fly by the seat of our pants, good blogs are well-planned. Take the time to brainstorm some pieces you want to include on your new site. Don’t just sit down and start writing. Also, invest some effort in learning about proper blogging styles and SEO. You don’t want to have to go back later to try to maximize traffic to your posts.
- Consider the Theme– Since we suggested that you utilize WordPress, you will find that there are a plethora of free themes available. That makes the most sense as an upstart. But, if you are willing to invest a little money to get the site going, feel free to look at the more customizable themes. Find one that suits the design on your site. Take the time to read more about website themes.
- Put the Word out– The biggest problem for any upstart, whether it is online or brick and mortar, is promotion. People can’t go to your site or your shop if they don’t know you exist. That’s no joke. You are sure to fail if you don’t let EVERYONE know you exist. That means employing every social media avenue you have access too. But you can read more about that strategy right here.
- Email Marketing– As annoying as those emails may be in your inbox, you need to be that person who sends potential customers a regular update. In truth, if you design your emails properly, make them engaging, and don’t say too much, or send them out too frequently, people will actually respond. Please learn more about great ways to utilize email marketing.
These 5 steps are a goldmine. Don’t blow them off and think you can go all willy-nilly into this. You really do need to plan and research.